Saturday, November 13, 2010

stop!inthenameofthelaw .

where to begin with this blog....I've never been a public transport person, fortunately school was always close to home and work was always somewhere with parking, up until now that is. Over the last year i've become accustomed to trains now that my office is in North Sydney, i've learnt to deal with the unpleasant crowded peak hour services, the nasty morning breath or BO of fellow passengers along with their germs.  It's only recent that my new mode of transport occasionally has been buses.
I thought I had too conquered this mode of transport until yesterday afternoon. I was minding my own business surfing ebay on my iphone and hadn't even noticed the bus stop until a middle aged man in uniform was standing in my space asking to see my ticket, i pulled it out and handed over without my eyes hardly leaving my phone screen. He cleared his throat with a small cough and asked me to step off the bus cause he needed to have a word with me....

He advised in a stern voice that i had purchased the wrong ticket and this could lead to a pretty big fine. The confusion on my face must of triggered him to ask a few more questions, i answered all and explained that it was an honest mistake and that i rarely catch the bus and don't live in the area. Still not convinced i was left with only one last comment to make...
...Sir, i'm standing in a $400 Zimmermann dress and wearing a Louis Vuitton ring, believe me...ripping off the government to save a couple of $$ is hardly my style...
Lucky for me the officer found this amusing and let me off with a warning....
I'm guessing deep down he understands the meaning of saving money to add wonderful brands to your wardrobe and not wasting it on silly fines...xo
                        (My beloved LV ring)

No comments:

Post a Comment