Thursday, November 18, 2010

behindthescenes .

I was thrilled when my friend had asked me to model her clothes for her final marking at The Whitehouse Fashion Institute of Design .Up early on a Monday morning I got in my car, drove down the road to the train station and $8 later I was on my way to Museum Station .I arrived at 7:48am and made my way up Oxford St, and then right at Flinders St, 15 minutes later...
I jumped in the lift filled with 3 designers and their props for their line . 3 floors up and I had finally arrived .
I was in the room for not even 5 minutes when drama started. One student who had outsourced a few pieces and had them made externally was going to meet her sewer and collect her tops to discover she wasn't there nor was she answering her 50 million phone calls -  we further discovered she wasn't going to either and was deliberately trying to sabotage the student .eep!
Also, a girl who had agreed to model for my friend had pulled out that morning .the "fucks" and "bitches" were flying out of several mouths - i found it quite amusing!
Nonetheless despite the tantrums and tears everything worked out, I wore a beautiful long navy blue woollen dress and for her friend I wore an outfit that I would describe similar to Lady GaGa's style (it was crazy awesome!). Marie Antoniou (the designer) started teasing my hair, which I knew would be a disaster to brush out after as I have extremely long hair but the effect was cool . I then jumped in to make up . now, my sister and fellow blogger Nat, is a make up artist and she has taught me a thing or two about makeup .First of all I had a bit of powder and blush on to cover my early morning wake up scarey face . As I sat down the make up artist was about to apply make up when I had to warn her that I was already wearing make up and if i could please have a wipe .after removing my make up she started painting my face . I honestly felt like I had a 5 year old finger painting my face . AWESOME!  I knew it was going to look terrible. She also used a shade of foundation lighter than my skin, this will look awesome under lighting and flashes (note the sarcasm) . then the blush . she some how managed to create a square of blush on my cheek . smokey eye and a dark lip . at the end I looked nothing like the brief and I looked like a vampire on Halloween . The foundation against my skin tone turned grey . ha could've done a better job myself! The second make up look was an improvement apart from the eye shadow that made me look like a glitter disco barbie .Otherwise it was an interesting day, I had fun apart from walking outside to rain absolutley pissing down only to realise I had no umbrella. FUCK!

I don't have any pictures of what I wore just yet, but I will share this behindthescenes photo from someone elses collection .


nothing short of amazing .more pictures to come .

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment